Instagram has gain popularity over the years. It has over 500+ million daily active users. It has become a hub for online businesses. Do you want to set up your own business on Instagram? In this article, we are going to tell you how you can set up your Instagram business account.
There’s an option within your account page, it is the ability to switch to a business profile. Instagram business accounts are designed to help a company market its products and gain more followers. It will ultimately help them to sell more products.
Table of Contents
What is Instagram business account?
The Instagram business account is Instagram’s version of Facebook page. Instagram provides you with features like Insights, boost the post, swipe ups links, etc. that might help you with marketing and to understand the need of your customer.
Difference between personal and business profile.
In a personal profile, we can choose if we want it to be a private or public account. You can add pictures stories, make reels, etc. Whereas on a business profile, you can do all those things plus have an advantage like-
- Instagram Insights tells you the reach of your post, actions taken i.e. likes, shares, and saves. Also shows you the impression which is basically how people got to see the post, from your profile, home, or hashtags.
- You can easily boost your post by setting a budget for a few days.
- If your profile gets more than 10k followers then you can add swipe-up links and also get insight on that.
So these were few benefits of business profile that personal profile doesn’t have.
How to create business account on Instagram?
If you’re new on Instagram or want to make an Instagram business profile from scratch, here’s what you need to do-
- Download the Instagram mobile app from the Google Play Store or Apple App store.
- Select new account.
- Choose a username for your Instagram business account.
- Add your phone number, email ID (or use contact information from an existing account).
- Select ‘complete signup’
Now your Instagram profile is created. You’ll automatically start as a personal account, so you need to switch your account to a business profile. Here are the steps to do so.
- Go to your profile at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Tap at the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap ‘settings’ and select ‘account’.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘switch to professional account’.
- Swipe through the features of a professional account and select ‘continue’.
- Select a category for your brand from the available options.
- Now select ‘business’ as your account type.
- Check your contact info and select ‘Next’.
- You can also connect your existing Facebook page to your Instagram or create a new one.
Congratulations! You have successfully made an Instagram business profile. Now you can complete your profile, put profile photo, bio, give your website link, explore professional tools, etc.
Considering the vast audience that Instagram has, if you’re a business, You should consider switching profiles. Here we are going to cover our next topic-
How to change your existing profile into a business account?
Let’s learn how you can switch your existing personal profile into a business profile. Here are the steps you should follow-
- Scroll down to your profile in the app and then tap on ‘settings’.
- Click on account and choose ‘switch to professional account’.
- Choose ‘business’. Review your business contact information.
- Connect your Instagram business account to your existing Facebook page or make a new one.
That’s it. You have created a business account for yourself.
If you need to know more on using Instagram, please check our Instagram tutorial.
Let us follow your Instagram business
Have you setup your business account? Do let us know your account in the comments below and we may follow you or shout-out for you.