There are a number of ways to check your SBI balance. The State Bank of India allows users to check their account balance online using an app, website, missed call, SMS, or ATM. This way, a customer doesn’t have to walk up to the bank, stand in queues, or fill out forms and other details just for an SBI balance check. If you are new and don’t know how to use online SBI, SMS, missed calls, and other services for SBI balance check, below is an easy step-by-step guide. The SBI account balance check can be done a number of times using these services.
1. How to check SBI balance using missed call
You can fetch your SBI account balance and mini statement details using the missed call service as well. The bank sends the details via SMS. This comes in handy when you are not using a smartphone or your internet or SMS balance is running low. Here’s how the SBI balance check using missed calls works:
Register your mobile number
- To use SBI’s missed call banking service, you first need to register your mobile number with your bank account, if you haven’t already. This is how it’s done:
- Send SMS, ‘REG Account Number’ to 09223766666
- You will receive an SMS, confirming whether your number is registered or not.
- If confirmed, you can start using the service. Otherwise, you need to visit your branch and update your mobile number.
SBI balance and mini-statement inquiry
- After the registration is done, you can check the SBI balance using the missed call service. Give a missed call on 09223766666 from your registered mobile number.
Alternatively, give a missed call on 09223866666 from your registered mobile number for the mini-statement that provides details of the latest few transactions.
2. How to check SBI balance using SMS
You can do an SBI balance check by sending the requisite SMS from your registered mobile to avail the SMS banking service provided by the bank. Send SMS ‘BAL’ to 09223766666 from your registered mobile number for the SBI balance check.
Alternatively, you can get a mini statement with details of the latest few transactions by sending SMS ‘MSTMT’ to 09223866666.
If your number is not yet registered, then send SMS ‘REG<space>Account Number’ to 09223488888 from your mobile number. After sending the SMS, you will receive a registration confirmation SMS.
3. How to check SBI balance using USSD number
An SBI balance check can be done using USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data). Follow these steps:
- Foremost, you need to register by sending an SMS ‘MBSREG’ to 09223440000 or 567676. You will receive an SMS on your registered number mentioning your User ID and default MPIN.
- Dial *595# and select the relevant option from the list of options that you get after providing your User ID.
- Press ‘Answer’ and choose ‘Option 1’. For the SBI balance check, choose ‘balance inquiry’ while for the mini statement that provides the latest few transactions, choose “mini statement’.
- Enter the MPIN and press ‘Send’.
For an SBI balance check, you can even call the customer care numbers 1800112211 and 18004253800 from your mobile phone.
4. SBI balance check online
There are a couple of methods you can use for SBI balance checks online. This includes internet banking and the YONO app. Here’s how they work:
- Open the SBI bank portal or click here
- Enter login credentials – Username, Password, and Captcha.
- Once done, you can do an SBI balance check along with a number of other banking services online by going to the Account section.
In case, you haven’t registered for internet banking, you can use the Pre-Printed Kit (PPK) that you must have received from your bank branch. However, if you don’t have the PPK, you can register by clicking here
5. YONO app
SBI offers an integrated digital banking platform named YONO (You Only Need One) to its customers so that they have easy access to a number of banking services at their fingertips. Using this app, you can do an SBI balance check anywhere, anytime. Just follow these steps:
- Open the YONO app, or if you don’t have it, download the app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Log in to the app.
- Click on ‘Accounts’ and select the account for which you have to check the balance. If you wish, you can download the statement as well by clicking on the ‘Download’ option.
6. How Can I Check My Account Balance Using UPI Apps?
This is one of the simplest ways to check account balance. You have to download the UPI app through your app store or play store.
- After downloading the app, start the registration process.
- Enter the mobile number linked to your bank and generate OTP.
- After you receive the OTP, you can log in to the app and add the bank account details.
- Usually, UPI automatically detects the account connected to your mobile number.
- Here, it displays the last four digits of your account number.
- After confirmation, it will generate a new UPI ID.
- After verification, it activates a UPI passcode of your choice.
Here onwards, you can continue to use your UPI app to check your bank account balance. Also, you can use this app to make financial transactions.
7. SBI ATM
Customers having an SBI account can also use an ATM card for checking the available balance in the account. you need to visit the State bank of India ATM and follow the below steps
- Swipe the SBI ATM cum debit card
- Enter the 4-digit ATM pin
- Select the “Balance Enquiry Option.”
- Complete the transaction
Also, by choosing the “Mini Statement” option, you can check your recent ten transactions. The SBI ATM will print a receipt of the previous ten transactions from your account. The SBI holders can also visit any other ATM to check their account balance.
8. SBI Passbook
When opening an account with the State Bank of India, it provides a passbook to every account holder. You can update the passbook by visiting the bank. It helps you check all the transactions and the latest account balance.
We hope this article was helpful. For more such latest gadgets related information, keep coming back to KAPsNotes.com. Here are a few recommendations for you. 5 Best camera phones in India How to save smartphone from overheating? Best gaming phones under Rs.20000