During the quarantine period, it would be safe to say that, all the meetings happened online. Even today most people are working & attending meetings from home to which Google meet is playing a great role. Attending meeting is easy but scheduling it is easier. So let us go through the process to schedule a meeting in Google meet.
Table of Contents
Schedule a Google meet meeting on desktop:
The steps to schedule a meeting on desktop or through a website are as follows:
- Go to the website meet.google.com and this would open up the page for Google meet. Make sure that you’re logged in with your account, you’ll be able to see your display picture at the top right corner.
- Click on “New meeting”. Now here you can see an option for “Schedule in Google Calendar”, click on that.
- This would open up a new page, now you can add a title, select a date, time, time zone. You can also make it a recurring event, add location, etc.
- You have to add the guest as well. So got to “Guests” and simply enter the email of people you want to invite to join the meeting. Click on “Save” and “Send”. And you’ve successfully scheduled a meeting through the website.
Schedule a Google meet meeting on the Phone:
After you’ve downloaded your Google meet app, the steps are as follows-
- Open Google meet and click on the three lines at the upper left corner of the screen. Click on your email ID and select the email ID you wish to schedule a meeting from. (only for people having more than one email ID).
- Now click on “New Meeting” and the later process is the same as the desktop one. But if you want to know an alternate process then-
- Go to Google Calendar and click on the “+” icon and then on to “Event”.
- Give a title to your meeting and put the date and time at which you want to schedule the meeting. You can put the starting and ending times of the meeting. Scroll down and select people whom you want to invite and click on Video conferencing to select Google meet.
- Click “Save” and “Send” and voila! your meeting has been scheduled.
How to share the link of meeting & delete meeting?
To share the link to the meeting, go to Google meet and refresh the page. You’ll be able to see your scheduled meeting, click on that and tap “Share” to share the link of the meeting.
To edit the meeting, go to Google Calendar and click on the pen icon to edit and save it. And to delete click on the three dots at the upper right corner of the screen. Click on “Delete” to delete the meeting. You’ll again have to click on the meeting and it delete for the second time. This time you’ll be asked to send cancellation emails to people you’ve invited. Click on whatever you want to do and finally, your meeting will be deleted.
THANK YOU FOR READING: I hope this article was helpful, if it was then do let us know in the comments down below. Also, if you're interested in similar articles then here are a few recommendations for you guys. How to schedule a messages on WhatsApp? How to schedule mail in Gmail?