Routines are a set of actions that your Google Home can perform when activated by single voice command. You can customize existing pre-set routines in the Google Home app, or you can create your own personalized routines from scratch, using a wide variety of available actions. So let’s see how we can create a Google Home routine on mobile.
Create and Manage your Google Home routine.
Let’s learn how to customize, create and use routines with your Google Home speaker and the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Your Google Home app comes with several pre-set routines. To view or edit these, tap the Menu button at the top left, and select “More settings”. Scroll down and tap the “routines” section. Here you’ll see all of the existing routines, for example, “Good Morning” or “Good Night”.
- Below each routine name, you will see the number of associated actions. Tap a routine to start editing it. While all routines can be edited, you’ll notice they have different numbers of actions that can be added. The pre-set routines illustrate this difference.
- Below each routine name, you will see the number of associated actions. Tap a routine to start editing it. While all routines can be edited, you’ll notice they have differing numbers of actions that can be added. The pre-set routines illustrate this difference.
- For example, the single command “Good Morning” could take the phone off silent; tell you the weather, remainders, and your commute information. It could then give you the news deadlines from a variety of sources (BBC, CNN, etc.) before playing your favorite radio station.
- Tap the checkbox next to action to add or remove it from the routine. If the action has a gear icon next to it, you can tap this to see further settings. For example, the Play Radio action allows you to choose the radio station you want to use and music settings let you choose the music source.
Edit commands on Google Home
- You can also change the commands that activate the actions (although you’ll still need to say “Hey/Okay Google” first). Most pre-set routines have a couple of commands already set, but you can add a new one by tapping the top section, then tap “+” and type your desired command.
- If none of the pre-set routines meet your needs, you can create your own from scratch. Open the routines settings in the Google Home app and tap the “+” button. Start y editing the command you want to use to activate it (e.g.- “Good Morning”). Simple commands are the most effective, so keep it short for best results.
- If you wish, you can set a day/ time of day when the routine activates automatically. Although you can still activate the routine at other times with the command. Next, add an action, either by typing the name of a Google assistant command or by tapping “Choose popular actions”, selecting one and tapping “Add”.
- When you’ve finished setting up the new routine, tap the checkmark at the top and the screen will change to display all routines. Your newly created routine will be given the name of the command word you used (e.g. “entertain me”). Test the routine by speaking the command to your Google Home speaker.
THANK YOU FOR READING: So this was a pretty small article on how you can create and manage your Google home routine. I hope this was helpful to you. Buy yourself a Google Home here. If you want to read 10 things to try with Google Home then click here. Also, here are few other recommendation for you guys. What affects your phone signal? How to schedule a mail in Gmail?