We all are familiar with the massive popularity of the Meta-owned social media app Instagram. Instagram is used all over the world. It has opened up many earning scopes by introducing vloggers, influencers, content creators, and so on. But, with the growing number of Instagram users, many privacy issues have also been raised. Instagram offers a few features that create an extra layer of security, such as blocking, reporting, and restricting Instagram accounts. You might be confused about restricting and blocking. So, here in this article, let’s discuss how to restrict Instagram accounts and what happens when you restrict someone.
Table of Contents
Restrict Instagram Accounts
It simply means limiting someone’s activity on your account. Mostly, people want to hide their last seen or activity status from a few people, but on Instagram, you can not hide it specifically. Moreover, if you do not like someone’s comment on your posts, but you can not block them for any reason, then you can restrict them. Restricting an Instagram account is like a polite way of blocking them on Instagram.
Also Read: Monetize your Instagram Account: 5 Easy Tips
The difference between Blocking and Restricting
When you block someone on Instagram, that person will not be able to find you on Instagram from the same account. When you block someone on Instagram, they can’t send you any messages, or friend requests, and can not see your profile and other things as well.
But, if you restrict someone, they would be able to see your story until you hide. They would also be able to message you, but their message would not be visible in your inbox. Their comments on your post will be only visible to you and them. You can manually approve their comments on your post to post them publicly.
How to restrict someone on Instagram?
For restricting someone on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app, open your profile, and tap on the menu icon.
- Go to Settings and tap on Privacy.
- From the Connections section, tap on Restricted Account.
- Click on Next, and search for the account you want to restrict. Then, tap on the Restrict button.
The other way of restricting an Instagram account
- Open the profile of the person whose Instagram account you want to restrict. Tap on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Choose Restrict Account from the list.
What happens when you restrict someone on Instagram?
As we stated earlier, by restricting someone on Instagram, you limit their activities on your account.
- Your activity status will not be visible to them.
- Their comments on your posts will only be between you and them until you not approve them.
- Their messages will not be visible in your inbox, but you can find them in your message requests.
- They will not be able to see that when you have seen their message.
Also Read: Make Instagram reels in 8 easy steps
Mute other activities
When you restrict an Instagram account, their Instagram stories and posts are still visible to you. If you feel bothered, you can mute their stories and posts.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for their username, and open their profile.
- Tap on Following.
- From the list, select Mute.
- Mute their story, post, or notes.
Instagram has a large number of users with different thoughts and perspectives. Due to this, trolling is very common on Instagram. But, various options neglect such privacy issues, and restricting an Instagram account is one of them.
Also, you can mute someone’s posts and stories instead of unfollowing them or blocking them on Instagram.
THANKYOU FOR READING We hope this article was helpful. If it was, then let us know in the comments below. Also, if you are interested in similar articles then here are a few recommendations for you.