Using virtual desktops in Windows 11 may be quite beneficial, especially for those who only have a single monitor. If you still work from home and do multiple things on the same computer, having multiple desktops may be a lifesaver.
In Windows 11, the Task View pane lets you set up virtual desktops quickly and easily. You can change how your virtual desktop looks by moving apps to other desktops, showing windows on all desktops, or closing pages on a specific desktop. Here’s how to go about it:
Table of Contents
In Windows 11, you may add a desktop
- Open the new Task View window by clicking the Task View button (two overlapping black and white rectangles) on the taskbar or by hitting the Windows Key + Tab.
- If the Task View button does not appear on your taskbar, right-click it and choose Taskbar settings. Then, under Task View, turn the switch to On.
- To add a virtual desktop, click create desktop in the Task View window.
- The “Add a desktop” button will be represented by a gray tile with a + sign. For your new desktop, click that tile.
- You may also create a desktop without leaving the Task View window by pressing Windows Key + Ctrl + D.
Also see: Customize Windows 11 Desktop
How to Change Desktops
Changing desktops in Windows 11 is pretty easy. You can simply do it by following the given steps:
- To move between virtual desktops, open the Task View pane and choose the desired desktop.
- You can also move between desktops without leaving the Task View window by pressing Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow or Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow.
Renaming Desktops in Windows 11
Renaming desktops might assist you in keeping your workplace organized. To rename your desktops, follow the given steps:
- Open the Task View pane
- Right-click a desktop, and choose Rename.
- You may now work on one desktop while listening to music on another.
How to Change Desktop Backgrounds
Changing the backdrop of each desktop may aid in the differentiation of workplaces.
- Open the Task View pane
- Right-click a desktop
- Choose background.
How can I move windows across desktops?
- Open the Task View pane and then mouse over the desktop holding the program you wish to transfer.
- The programs on your current desktop will appear.
- You may transfer apps from one desktop to another using the Task View pane, or you can right-click an application, choose Move to, and then select the desktop to which you want to move the application.
Also see: How to encrypt files on Windows?
How to Close a Windows 11 Desktop
- Open the Task View pane and mouse over the virtual desktop you wish to shut until an X appears in the upper-right corner.
- To close the desktop, click the X.
- You may also access Task View by pressing Windows Key + T. Then, using your arrow keys, choose a virtual desktop
- Press the Delete key on the one you wish to shut.
Thank You For Reading We hope this article was helpful. If it was, then let us know in the comments down below. Also, if you're interested in similar articles, then here are a few recommendations for you guys. 10 Ways to keep your iPhone secure 10 Ways to boost your Wi-Fi signal 8 Best Apps of 2021 on Play Store