The Google-owned company YouTube is always ready to improve it for their customer’s better experience. Picture-in-picture mode (PiP) is another feature introduced by YouTube. It was only accessible to Android users, but now Apple’s iPhone users can also enjoy this new feature. However, it is available to only YouTube Premium Subscribers.
This feature must be activated manually. It is quite helpful if you can convert the YouTube window into a mini player. By using YouTube’s Picture-in-Picture mode, you can do so and use other apps too. Your YouTube video will not pause and will sit atop the other app you are using.
Right now, Picture-in-picture mode on YouTube isn’t available to non-Premium YouTube Subscribers. But, it may be possible after some time. Let’s learn how you can enable this feature in iPhone as well as in Android.
Enable Youtube’s Picture-in-picture mode on iPhone
If you have an iPhone and a YouTube Premium subscription, you are eligible for using this feature. Let’s begin.
- Open YouTube in your web browser.
- Then, sign-in to your account.
- Scroll down, and you can see ‘Picture-in-Picture mode’ in iOS option.
- Just click on ‘Try it out’.
- After this, play any video on YouTube and press the home button. Your window will transform into a mini player.
In this way, you can activate PiP mode on your iPhone. But, if you lock the screen, the video will pause. No need to worry, you can resume it from lock screen media controls. Google said they’re working on it and trying to make it better. I hope, soon Non-Premium Subscribers can also enjoy this feature.
Enable Youtube’s PiP mode on Android
For getting avail of this feature, your device must have Android 8 onwards and you must be a YouTube Premium Subscriber. Let’s learn how you can enable this feature in your Android.
- Go to the settings app in your phone.
- Click on Apps and Notifications.
- Now, find YouTube on the list of all apps.
- Once you open YouTube info, scroll down and search for the Advanced Settings.
- Look for the Picture-in-Picture option. Turn it on.
- After doing this, play any YouTube video and then press home button. You can see your video in a minimized window in the corner of your phone’s screen. You can also disable it anytime.
So in this way, you can enable PiP mode on YouTube. We hope this feature soon be available for Non-Premium YouTube Subscribers.
THANK YOU FOR READING! I hope this article was helpful. If it was, then let us know in the comments down below. Also, if you're interested in similar articles, then here are a few recommendations for you. How to create multiple YouTube channels with a single Google account? How to put thumbnail on YouTube video? 8 best YouTube thumbnail maker apps