Deleting your social media accounts might lead to a healthier lifestyle whether you’re trying to protect your future job aspects or just trying to reach for your phone a little bit less. Of course, there comes a time when you might want to disconnect from your social platforms, and not just temporarily.
More often than ever, people are choosing to delete their social media presence to live a life less focused on online culture. Whether you’re trying to protect your future job aspects by deleting your social media or just trying to reach for your phone a little bit less, deleting your social media accounts may lead to a healthier life.
Ever think about deleting your Facebook account? Whatever your reason for ditching Facebook, you should know that deleting your account is a relatively easy thing to do. There are two ways to quit—one that’s reversible in case you change your mind, and the other permanent, for those who are certain they want out
Deleting a social media accounts like Facebook’s is only an option only for people who are absolutely sure they’re never coming back to Facebook and don’t mind the idea of starting from scratch in the event they do change their minds.
When you delete your account, Facebook permanently removes it. Facebook says the deletion process typically takes about one month although “some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days.”
To delete your account, visit https://www.facebook.com/deactivate_delete_account on your computer and select “Delete Account.”
On your phone, go to the Facebook app, and then
- Tap the triple bars in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy” and tap the downward caret.
- Select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Your Facebook Information” section and select “Account Ownership and Control.”
- Select “Deactivation and Deletion.”
- Tap the radio button next to “Delete Account.”
- Tap on “Continue to Account Deletion.”
Keep in mind that messages you’ve sent to other people or posts you’ve shared with groups remain on Facebook even after you delete your account.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem like a significant step, but if you’re ready to be free of your profile and get some spare time back in your life, it’s easy to carry out. Let’s look at how to delete your Instagram account permanently.
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account
Instagram offers two options for users. The first is to permanently delete your account and everything associated with it, while the second is a temporary option.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account can only happen using a browser, but you can do it on both mobile and desktop browsers. Before your profile disappears forever, Instagram makes your account temporarily invisible for 30 days. Therefore, you can reinstate it if you change your mind. Here’s how to permanently delete your Instagram account:
- Go to the special “Delete Your Instagram Account“ page on your browser (ensure that you’re logged in).
- Select a reason for deletion from the drop-down menu.
- Click or tap the “Delete” button to confirm your decision.
Temporarily Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account
If you are only looking for a break from Instagram or don’t want to make an irrational decision, disable your account rather than delete it. By disabling logs, you can hide your profile. As far as your followers are concerned, you may as well have deleted the account. However, this method allows you to reinstate your profile at any time when temporarily disabled by simply logging back in. Follow these steps to disable your account:
- Go to “Instagram.com“ from your browser (you cannot do this from the app).
- Log in, if prompted to do so.
- Click or tap on the “profile icon” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click or tap “Profile,” then select “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down and tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button.
- You will be asked why you are doing this. Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your account password.
- Click or tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Snapchat is unlike any other social media app, with its photos disappearing after only a few seconds. And given all of its fun features, like the goofy selfies, real-time life updates, and dog filters, it’s easy to get carried away with the photo-sharing platform.
But what do you do when you want to take a break from Snapchat? Or even delete your Snapchat account?
How to delete Snapchat
1. Go to Snapchat’s account portal (https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delete_account).
This page can also be accessed by going to Snapchat.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting “Support.” Then go to “My Account & Security” and click “Account Information.” Finally, select “Delete An Account.”
2. Enter your username and password.
3. Enter the security code sent to the phone number linked to the account and click “Submit.”
4. Enter your username and password again. Then, click “Continue” and your account will be deactivated.
Want to reactive the account?
Just log in within 30 days and everything will be completely restored. (You will not be able to change your password after deactivation, so make sure to remember it in case you want to reactive the account.)
Twitter is a great place for sharing your thoughts in under 280 characters but, like any social media app, sometimes you need to take a break. Here’s how to delete your Twitter account.
To delete your Twitter account, you’ll first need to deactivate it. Deactivating is essentially Twitter’s way to take your account down for a bit while still leaving it open for recovery in case you choose to come back.
Once a set period of time passes, your account and all your data will disappear for good. Here’s how to do it.
How to delete a Twitter account
The first step to deleting a Twitter account is deactivating it. If you choose not to reactivate your account within 30 days, your account will be deleted permanently.
Despite the month-long delay, it’s a relatively simple process. Read on to learn how to delete your Twitter account for good. Follow the steps below:
- Open up Twitter
- Head into your settings
- Deactivate your account
- Wait 30 days for it to be deleted permanently
If you are planning to switch to other messaging apps due to privacy reasons, then you might be wondering how you can delete your WhatsApp account. Don’t worry, we have got you covered. In order to delete your WhatsApp account, you just need to follow some steps.
How to delete or deactivate your WhatsApp account
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dotted icon, which is located in the top right corner.
Click on Settings, visit the Account section and then choose the Delete my account option.
- You then will be required to enter your mobile number and tap on Delete My Account.
- You will be asked to select a reason for why you want to delete your account in the dropdown.
- Tap on Delete my account.
THANK YOU FOR READING: We hope this article was helpful. If it was, then let us know in the comments down below. Also, if you're interested in similar articles, then here are a few recommendations for you. Best Hi-Fi Speakers of 2022 Best Free Password Managers in 2022 Best Cloud Gaming Services