A Gmail account is a free Google account with an email address that ends with @gmail.com. With one Gmail account and password, you can access various Google products like Google Docs, Sheets, Meet, etc. You also get access to Google Play Store from where you can download different apps. You can create a Gmail account on your mobile as well as desktop.
Table of Contents
Points to remember while making an account
- If your age is less than 13 years then you cannot make your personal Gmail account.
- You can use your Gmail account as your Google account.
- Do not forget your Gmail ID and password. If you forget it then you won’t be able to recover your account.
Steps to Create a Gmail account
Creating a Gmail account is very easy but you might find some difficulties while doing so. To avoid those difficulties, follow these simple steps and your account will be created in no time.
- The first step is to open your Gmail app on your mobile, if you do not have the app then you can download it from the Google Play store. Or you can click here to go to the page directly. This is how the page will look like.
Now that you have opened the page, add your name and surname. Enter a user name, it can be your own name or something else. For example “firstname.lastname@example.org” or “email@example.com. You should remember that your email address shouldn’t have any space in between, it also should be unique which nobody else has created. Give a strong password to keep your account protected. To create a strong password, use numbers, upper, and lower case letters as well. Click on “Next”.
- Now a page like this will appear.
Enter the required details. You can add a phone number, birth date, gender, etc. After adding the required information, click on “Next”. Make sure to change the location while adding the phone number.
- On the next page, they will show you their terms and conditions, accept them to move forward.
- The next step is to verify your account. Provide them with a phone number where you’ll receive an OTP. Select your preferred method of contact. You can receive the code/OTP via phone call or text message.
- Enter the code in the box provided and select the “Continue” button. Congrats! you have successfully created a Gmail account for yourself.
You can create an account on your mobile as well, to do so follow these steps only. There’re no major changes.
If you want to learn more about Google then read 20 Google tips and tricks
I hope this article was helpful and if it was then do let us know in the comments down below. Your reviews, suggestion, and recommendations would be appreciated.