One of the most secure apps on the market is Snapchat, which gives users the ability to control their privacy. With features such as auto-deleting photos and notifications, it’s the perfect app for people who want to keep their private life private. With the ability to post videos and images publicly, Snapchat Stories is a must-have for anyone. You can also restrict who can see your Snapchat Stories. In this tutorial, we’ll talk about simple ways to hide your stories from people on Android or iOS.
Also Read: Beginners Guide for Snapchat in 2022
Hide Snapchat stories using story settings
- Open Snapchat, and go to your profile by tapping on your avatar from the top-left corner.
- Tap on the three-dot menu (next to ‘My Story‘).
- Then, select ‘Story settings‘.
- From the option given under ‘who can view my story?‘, select ‘custom‘.
- Now, select contacts to whom you want to hide your story and tap ‘Block‘.
Also Read: Becoming a Snapchat Pro in 2022
Hide story using settings
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the setting’s icon in the top-right corner.
- Under privacy control, choose ‘View my story‘.
- Select ‘custom‘ from the given options.
- Choose from the contacts to whom you want to hide and then, select ‘Block‘.
Also Read: Snapchat working on a subscription plan
Make a private story
You can create a private story and it will be visible to the selected contacts only.
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Select ‘+private story‘ near My Stories.
- From the list of contacts, select the people you want to show your private story.
- Name your story.
- Go back to your profile and add a story to your private story.
In this way, no one other than your selected contacts would be able to see your private story.
Also Read: Make Instagram reels in 8 easy steps
How to mute others’ Snapchat Stories?
If you get bothered by someone else’s frequently uploaded stories or are not interested in someone’s story, you can simply mute them. For doing so, just long-press their story icon (whose story you want to mute). Select story settings and then, Mute Story. In this way, you can easily mute someone’s story and its notification as well.