Linking an Aadhaar card with a PAN card is an essential thing you need to do. After doing so, your Income Tax returns will be processed. Those who carry out transactions of or more than Rs.50,000 are required to link their Aadhaar card and PAN card.
Also Read: Get a Patent in 4 easy steps
You can link your Aadhaar and PAN card in just a few simple steps. Let’s know how to do so.
Table of Contents
Link Aadhaar card with PAN card
Here are steps to link PAN card and Aadhaar card with penalties:
- Firstly, open the official portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
- You can find the “Link Aadhaar” option in the “Quick Links” section; select it.
- Enter your name, cellphone number, Aadhaar number, and PAN on the following page.
- By selecting the “I validate my Aadhaar Details” option, you can confirm the information that has been provided.
- Choose “Continue” from the menu.
- You will get an OTP on your registered phone number. Then click “Continue” to move forward.
- The procedure of linking the PAN and Aadhaar will be finished once the fine is paid.
What is the last date to link the PAN card and Aadhaar card?
Priorly the last date was 31 March 2022, but it was then extended by the government. Now, individuals are required to link their PAN and Aadhaar by 31 March 2023. If someone got late and not be able to do so by 31 March 2023, then a fine will be imposed.
If your Aadhaar has not been linked between 1 April 2023 to 30 June 2023, then the fine will be Rs.500. Whereas, from 1 July 2023, the fine will be doubled which is Rs.1000.
Ways to link Aadhaar card with PAN card
There are basically two ways in which you can prompt to link your Aadhaar card with your PAN card. You can do so by directly visiting the Income Tax e-filing website or by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161.
Steps to link Aadhaar card with PAN card via e-filing website
- Go to the income tax site by going to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
- Choose “Link Aadhaar” from the “Quick Links” section. Provide your PAN, Aadhaar, and name as mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- Input information, including your PAN number, Aadhaar number, name as it appears on your Aadhaar, and mobile number. More on, mark the box if the Aadhaar card only contains the birth year, and mark the square if you confirm to have your Aadhaar information verified. Click the “Connect Aadhaar” button.
- Enter the Captcha code.
- Now, click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button.
You can also link your PAN card and Aadhaar card through an SMS. To do so, follow the steps below:
Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 after typing UIDPAN 12-digit Aadhaar 10-digit PAN.
Also Read: Using Internet on Airplane Mode: 2 Ways
Check PAN-Aadhaar status
Now, when you have applied for linking your Aadhaar card with your PAN card, then the next step is to track the progress. You can check the status of PAN-Aadhaar by following the simple steps below:
- Go to the Income Text official site https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
- Locate ‘Link Aadhaar status’ under ‘Quick links’.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number and PAN number.
- Then, tap on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
In these simple steps, you can check your PAN-Aadhaar status through the website.
You can also check the status through an SMS. Just send a message to 567678 or 56161 as UIDPAN < 12-digit Aadhaar number> < 10-digit PAN Number>. If your Aadhaar has been linked with your PAN card then you will be able to see the message ‘Aadhaar (Aadhaar number) is already associated with PAN..in ITD database. Thank you for using our service’.
Link your Aadhaar card and PAN card by filling up the form
If you do not want to link your Aadhaar and PAN cards online, then you can visit Protean eGov Technologies Limited to get your work done. You are just required to fill in the form and provide the necessary documents as well while submitting the form.
The benefits of linking your PAN with your Aadhaar
- It eliminates the possibility of a person possessing multiple PAN Cards.
- The Income Revenue Administration can carefully identify any sort of tax evasion because of the linking of Aadhaar and PAN.
- Since no documentation is needed to prove that a person has submitted their income tax returns, the process of doing so becomes a great deal simpler.
- In order to keep your PAN from being terminated, link your Aadhaar to it.
- A summary of one’s taxes will be added to the Aadhaar for future reference with the help of PAN-Aadhaar linking.
Well, these were some important topics about linking PAN card with Aadhaar card. In case you are unable to do so, then there might be an information mismatch issue. To resolve this issue, make corrections in your Aadhaar or PAN and then try linking them again.